Can I do an ONLINE search for documents?
Yes. Go to iCounty.org to sign-up and pay by credit card.
- Charge per day (24-hour period): $25
- Charge per print: 25 cents
If a yearly subscription is desired, please contact Lori Mitchell, County Clerk and Recorder at (719) 539-4004. For more information regarding online document searches contact the recording department by phone at (719) 530-5602.
Common reasons for documents to be rejected:
- Insufficient Funds. Fees are $11.00 for first page and $5.00 for each additional page.
- Document must have a one inch margin across the top of EACH page
- Grantee(s) address must be on the face of ALL Deeds
- Purchase price NOT on the face of the Deed
Does the Clerk and Recorder’s Office do lien searches?
Persons desiring a lien search may conduct a self search, or may choose to hire a title company to conduct the search. The County Recorder’s Office does NOT do lien or record searches.
Is a self-addressed envelope required to mail the document(s) back?
A return address should be either written clearly on the back of each document or noted in the cover letter. No return envelope is required but is appreciated.
What is the cost of a copy and can it be faxed?
Copies of recorded documents cost 25 cents per page and $1.00 certification fee per document. The cost to fax the copies is $1.00 per document. Plat copies are $5.00 per page.
Where are real estate forms available?
Real estate forms may be purchased through Bradford Publishing.