Motor Vehicle Department

Click on the links below for more information on these popular transactions.


List of IDs that are accepted at our offices
Bill of Sale
VIN Verification Sheet
Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney
Proof of Insurance Requirements
  • Vehicles must be covered by auto insurance before they can be registered.
  • If state records indicate a vehicle is not insured in Colorado, proof of insurance must be provided.
  • Insurance card, copy of insurance policy or letter from your insurance company on the company’s letterhead including a description of the vehicle with the following:  year, make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), effective date and expiration of the policy.
Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship -JTWROS