Contact the Chaffee County Elections Department
Phone: (719) 539-4004 email: email@example.com. Check or update your voter registration record online at www.govotecolorado.com.
2016 Primary Election- June 28, 2016 – Sample Ballots
Notice is hereby given that a public Logic and Accuracy Test of Chaffee County’s voting equipment will take place on May 31, 2016 beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Chaffee County Clerk and Recorder’s Office. Information about the test may be obtained by calling County Clerk Lori Mitchell at (719) 530-5600.
Important Election Dates for 2016
- May 31 is the last day to switch your party affiliation to vote in the June 28, 2016 Primary Election. Unaffiliated voters can affiliate anytime including Election Day to vote on June 28th. Check your affiliation online at www.GoVoteColorado.com or call our office at 539-4004.
- June 6-10 Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors affiliated with either the Democratic or Republican Parties.
- June 6 Ballot drop-off locations open in Salida and Buena Vista. 24/7 boxes are available at the Main Clerk’s office in Salida at 104 Crestone Ave and in Buena Vista at the Motor Vehicle Branch Office at 112 Linderman Ave.
- June 20 Voter Service and Polling Centers open in Salida and Buena Vista. Register to vote; obtain a replacement ballot; vote in person.
- June 28, 2016 Primary Election
- November 8, 2016 General Election
Method of Voting: All General, Primary, Congressional Vacancy, Coordinated, Odd-Year and Recall elections shall be by Mail Ballot Delivery. Mail Ballot Delivery Election means an election for which eligible electors receive ballots by mail and vote by mailing those ballots or depositing the ballots at a drop-off location.
Update your voter registration record online at www.govotecolorado.com.
Certificate of Designation by Petition
- Unaffiliated Candidate General Election Designation Petition
- Candidate Acceptance of Petition Nomination
Certificate of Designation by Write-In