HOW DO I REGISTER TO VOTE ONLINE?
If you have a Colorado Driver’s License or ID card you may go to www.GoVoteColorado.com and complete the voter registration application online.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY NAME, ADDRESS AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION ONLINE?
Go to www.GoVoteColorado.com and complete the verify/update form online.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER TO VOTE?
• Be a U.S. Citizen
• Be 16 years of age. You must be 18 years of age or older on the date of the election at which you intend to vote.
• Reside in Colorado for at least 22 days before the election at which you intend to vote. Are not serving a sentence (including parole) for a felony conviction.
WHEN IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE?
A person may register to vote in person at a county voter registration office or Voter and Service Polling Center at any time, including on election day. Other deadlines apply if you are not registering in person.
WHERE CAN I OBTAIN A VOTER REGISTRATION FORM?
Forms can be obtained at:
• Chaffee County Clerks’ Offices in Salida and Buena Vista
• Salida and Buena Vista Public Libraries
• Salida City Clerk’s Office, Town Halls of Buena Vista and Poncha Springs
• Drivers License Office, Salida
• Salida, Poncha Springs, Buena Vista and Nathrop Post Offices
Or, register at www.GoVoteColorado.com
I AM IN THE MILITARY OR AN OVERSEAS ELECTOR AND NEED INFORMATION ABOUT VOTING.
Information for Military and Overseas Voters can be found at www.GoVoteColorado.com
The Federal Voting Assistance Program provides voting help for Uniformed Service Members, their families and citizens living outside the U.S. Follow the link to register to vote and request Federal Postcard Application.
I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT AND AWAY FROM HOME. HOW DO I VOTE?
Go to www.GoVoteColorado.com and change your mailing address to where you want your Mail Ballot delivered, if it is different than your residential address.
I AM A SNOWBIRD, HOW DO I VOTE?
Go to www.GoVoteColorado.com and change your mailing address to where you want your Mail Ballot delivered, if it is different than your residential address. If you do not have access to the internet, please contact our office and we will send you a form to fill out.
COLORADO’S NEW ELECTION LAW BUILDS IN MORE FLEXIBILITY FOR YOU, THE VOTER. YOU HAVE THREE OPTIONS FOR VOTING.
- Return your mail ballot in the mail (postage requirements vary by county.)
- Drop it off at a Ballot Drop-Off Location.
- Vote in person at a Voter Service Center.
WHAT IF I MAKE A MISTAKE ON MY MAIL BALLOT?
Call the Chaffee County Election Office and request a replacement ballot 719-539-4004. One will be mailed to you provided the request is received with sufficient time for mailing. Otherwise, you may pick up a replacement ballot in person at one of our Voter Service Centers.
WHEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MY BALLOT?
Ballots are mailed approximately two weeks prior to the election. If you have not received your ballot a week before the election, contact the election office at 719-539-4004.