The Clerk and Recorder’s office is committed to providing efficient, cost-effective and high quality services to the citizens and taxpayers of Chaffee County.
Clerk and Recorder Lori Mitchell was elected in November 2014 and is serving her first four-year term.
2016 General Election Sample Ballots
Motor Vehicle Department
- Titling and Registering Motor Vehicles Save time, renew your license plates online.
(Driver’s Licenses are not issued by our office. The Driver’s License office is located at 448 E 1st St, Salida, phone number 719-539-2802. Link to renew your Driver’s License online.)
- Registering Voters – Register to vote or manage your voter registration online.
- Administering Elections
Clerk to the Board
- Renew License Plates Online
- Marriage License Application
- Legal Document Search
- Register or manage your voter registration