The Clerk and Recorder’s office is committed to providing efficient, cost-effective and high quality services to the citizens and taxpayers of Chaffee County.
Clerk and Recorder Lori Mitchell was elected in November 2014 and is serving her first four-year term.
Motor Vehicle Department
- Titling and Registering Motor Vehicles Save time, renew your license plates online.
(Driver’s Licenses are not issued by our office. The Driver’s License office is located at 120 W. 3rd St, Salida, phone number 719-539-2802. Link to renew your Driver’s License online.)
The Recording Department is responsible for processing documents presented for recording as public record.
- Registering Voters – Register to vote or manage your voter registration online.
- Administering Elections
Clerk to the Board
- Renew License Plates Online
- Marriage License Application
- Legal Document Search
- Register or manage your voter registration